Monday, June 02, 2008

Hillary - A Special Problem

So I am reading a book that I obtained from bookmooch.com (This is an absolutely excellent book trading site). It is an older (2001) Chris Matthews book, "Now, Let Me Tell You What I Really Think" and I was reading a chapter while waiting for an Obama state delegate meeting to begin when I read this:

"Hillary Clinton is a special problem. She and her crowd see themselves as a guardian class. They see their mission as molding American life according to some grand design. Down here on planet earth we get to join Hillary's health "cooperatives." She expects us to cheer her as she gets to choreograph things from above.

There's an arrogance there. It's one people can smell, and they don't like it."

I do not think that anyone can say it any better than that. These are words he wrote seven years ago and are spot on today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home